Yen's Hong Kong Persona (part 1)

Please ask my permission first if you want to repost and give full credits. Do not re-edit or hotlink the graphics.

Click the photos to enlarge.

Persona mania didn't hit me until the D-Day (12/Dec). I went to Hong Kong with my family for a holiday, and just decided to watch the concert 'cause I have a grave feeling that the Singapore concert isn't going to happen soon enough. (Okay, I actually worked around our family holiday with the concert kekeke) So I woke up early on that Saturday morning to prepare our activities for the day. I rushed my hubby and son to our buffet breakfast to go to Disneyland Park early so that I have more time to spend with them 'cause I plan to let the slip and leave at 2pm. I packed my bag with my DSLR camera and a little IXUS point-and-shoot, I threw in the pink Minnie ears because I have completely forgotten my Christmas headgear sitting nicely on my bed in Singapore. I also threw in my Turbo Inhaler because this Unnie in having the worst throat allergy for weeks - way too afraid that I can't scream my lungs out. My bag was actually full to the brim and I am too afraid that it would pop open wide and it would definitely go beyond the 12x15 inches limit.

By 1:30pm while having lunch with my family at Disneyland, my heart is already pumping and I can't eat properly - either that or the food wasn't just that great. so at 2pm, I bid my family adieu - telling my son that I have work to do and that my boss is waiting for me. I took the cab and kept my eyes on the road as it is my first time in Hong Kong and I don't want to lose way to the concert. I saw the Marriot hotel where the boys were staying and my butt seamed to have floated from the cab's seat - like I simply wanted to jump out of the cab and make a run for it. Luckily, I saw the AsiaWorld Expo visage and remembered the SMS BB has sent me earlier that the boys are already at the concert venue.

When I finally alighted from the cab, my heart started racing again. This Unnie felt so uncomfortable seeing younger fans, but then I've comeback to my senses that there were even younger members in SgTripleS meet-ups - this should be just a walk in the park. Since the merchandise booth isn't going to open 'til 4pm, I walked around the place and started taking photos with my point-and-shoot camera. After my round, I went to the merchandise queue as it is slowly snaking out of the AsiaWorld Expo. While waiting, I tried to find free wifi through my phone and got one! I then started Tweeting to share to some TripleS.


























































































































































































































































I'm getting agitated too as my concert ticket isn't with me yet, as I didn't went to the collection cum meet-up the previous day. But somehow I saw three familiar faces wandering about the queue - SgTripleS members! We had a little chat and they asked me to buy the photobook for them, which I had gladly obliged. One was was even kind enough to offer me some egg tarts but I declined because of over excitement that I can't shove food down my throat. A few more minutes and I saw the SgTripleS president and this has brought a different high as she was the holder of my dear ticket. Then a few TripleS came to our side distributing photos of the boys. We can't pick the photo, of course and I think I got Baby and Kyu Jong, while SgTripleS president got Young Saeng and Jung Min. We both look a little disappointed but then the same thought came to our minds. She turned and asked, "Who do you like?" And I replied, "we exchange 'cause I know you like Kyu Jong and I like Young Saeng." So we ended both happy with our photos.














































































After buying the merchandises for myself and the other SgTripleS ladies, I went to the A3 queue and prepared myself for the concert. Yes, I am alone but I have kept myself occupied by surfing the net from my phone and then another familiar face came to the queue right beside me and it is another SgTripleS member with two sisters and Leader fans from New York. Waiting for two and a half hours was a breeze as we were later on joined by Liezle (of the Liezle's blog) and another fan from San Francisco.

7pm came and it is time to go inside, my heart started racing again and butterflies were freely gliding in my empty stomach. Zest, suddenly pops up as we were about to go inside the arena. Excitement is in high gear and I'm squeezing my bag tightly hoping and praying that they will allow big cameras inside. A3 area is wide and comfy and I settled to stand right in the middle so that I can freely turn around and follow the boys as they go around the ramp. Then I saw girls whipping out DSLR cameras with their big lenses and my hopes are further assured that I can too. Then the lady guard tapped on Khin's shoulder who was taking a video just to capture the atmosphere. She was told that the video recording is not allowed, then I butted in to ask if photo taking is alright and she said yes. Oh, the joy in heart spread like wild bushfire. I rummaged through my bag to take out the parts of my camera and put them on together.

And so here are the images I have captured. Please forgive me if some of the photos are blurry or out of focus. This is is my first time shooting a concert event and I have overestimated my arms that I could keep it still while taking a shot amidst enthusiastic fans. Since my lens is long range I have to step back a little further and have to wade through the heads with headgears and hands waving LED boards, nightsticks, cameras and what-nots. There was even a tall girl who was actually constantly blocking my view and caused me some precious shots. Don't mind the watermark as I have only come to realized that there's a typo error when I was already doing the last 20 photos out of 300+ photographs. I'm too tired to go back and re-do everything again - took me two nights for that.

Oh! One thing I've noticed, most of my photos of Young Saeng are out of focus - could I have buckled at the sight of him in my view finder? Yes, I am first and foremost a Leader fan. Some jittjoong photos are again out of focus, because I keep on muttering OMG, OMG, OMG! Don't have much of Baby's photos because he's simply not in our area much. Surprisingly most of my Jung Min shots are great. He's just so charming and that radiates in the shots. Enough of excuses and let's enjoy the images.
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment